The nearby River Annan has some of the best salmon and sea trout fishing in Scotland.
It rises at the foot of Hart Fell, five miles north of Moffat. A second fork rises on Annanhead Hill and flows through the Devil's Beef Tub before joining at the Hart Fell fork north of Moffat. From there it flows past Lockerbie, and to the sea in the fishing town of Annan, which is only 6 miles from our hotel.
Booking your fishing on the Annan River.
For the latest information and a trusted online booking and information system we recomend FishPal.
FishPal specialises in:
- Yesterday's catches (updated hourly)
- Today's river levels (updated twice daily)
- Tomorrow's rod availability (updated hourly)
- Automated rod alerts by email (daily)
- Online & telephone booking
- Where/when to go & what to take
- Impartial advice from friendly help desk staff
Broom Fisheries - 8 Miles from Ecclefechan
With more than 100 pegs on a wide choice of coarse waters, including the purpose built canal, the Broom Fisheries coarse angling facility has become one of the most popular fishing locations in Britain.
Castle Loch - 10 Miles from Ecclefechan
The loch is just under two hundred acres and set in pleasant natural surroundings in south west Scotland, near Lochmaben in Dumfries and Galloway.